Sunday, January 06, 2008

Santa Must Love Knitters...

Or perhaps Santa is a knitter himself? Either way, it can definitely be agreed on that Santa was good to the knitter inside me!

Thanks to Santa and his connection with Knitpicks I received th
e Harmony Interchangeable Circular Knitting Set. I had my eye on sets like this in previous years but they were all made using metal needles and I much prefer the wooden or bamboo needles. I was very much delighted when I heard knitpicks was coming out with this set, and even more excited when I got the set for Christmas! They have already been put to use (as you can see in the picture!

Santa must also have a weakness for spinners.
In my stocking was not one, but two spindles made by the creative ButterflyGirl. I LOVE it! It is made using unakite stone as the whorl and oak for the shaft. They are wonderfully made and I totally recommend any of her spindles!

Laurel (no, she's not Santa) surprised me with an awesome set of felted stitch markers
from Miss Jelby's shop on etsy. Aren't they fun?

BTW, if you haven't discovered the wonder that is Etsy.com you must go there immediately! Etsy is an online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade. It's where I got a lot of Christmas presents - perhaps yours. It's where I got my Christmas cards. It's where my sister and my mom (I mean Santa) got Christmas presents for me. There is EVERYTHING on etsy! But be careful... it's addicting!

No comments: