Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I really am alive

I know, I know... it has been way too long since I last posted... but here is a quick little post to let you know I have not forgotten about blogging.

Rhinebeck, aka The New York Sheep and Wool Festival, is in less t
han two weeks (or 10 days!)... I have hopes of wearing the Eyelet Cardigan by Alison Williams that I have been working on for the festival. I have ten days left and I have the back of the cardigan to finish, a sleeve cap to finish, a sleeve to start and finish, and then I need to sew the pieces together and block it. (I have the two front sides of the cardigan complete.)

So, needless to say I will be knitting in my spare time... if I can pull myself away from my latest discovery/soon-to-be obsession - spinning. I have taken one 1-hour lesson to learn spin on a drop spindle. I have been practicing and feel like I am improving (I am window shopping for a spinning wheel at Rhinebeck. The obsession begins.)
I've been turning this: into this: So needless to say, it has been hard to pull myself away from my obsessions to blog. I also have legitimate excuses, like not have a working computer for nearly two weeks.

Hopefully my next post will be sooner than later.

1 comment:

knitseashore said...

Hope to see you at Rhinebeck! You'll love all of the spinning wheels and supplies there (if you haven't already visited). It's overwhelming, in a good way.