Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Angels and Demons

Demons (since the bad news should always come first)

Today I put my first copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows into the trash can. This wasn't because I hated the last book. I still have a copy of the seventh Harry Potter book, but my first copy - the copy that I stood hours in line waiting for the eve of its release - has been destroyed. The culprit? Miss Shelby Lynn.Mom and I were out to dinner - just the two of us, a rather rare occasion - when it was interrupted by a phone call from Dad. "Where are you? Well... you might want to pick up another copy of your Harry Potter book before you come home." So I bought another copy without knowing how bad the damage to the book was. The only thing I knew was that Dad is not one for spending money necessarily and so the fact that he was telling me I should get another copy was not a good sign. I came home to this: and this: The last 40 pages or so were torn to pieces and little chunks were missing from pages throughout the whole book. Needless to say, I kept my new copy by my side at all times until I finished it. It is now on my bookshelf - safe and sound.

Angels (so much cuter than demons)

Like I mentioned in my previous post, Samantha Grace got christened this past Sunday. She slept through the whole ceremony and most of her celebration picnic afterwards. But she was still as cute as ever!This coming weekend is the family reunion which means I get to spend 4 whole days with her and all the other cute little second cousins I have (and all the other favorite cousins, and aunts, and uncles, etc.). More pictures to come, of course!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

Oh no! I'm sorry your dog destroyed your book! Good thing it was easily replaced!

Your niece is so sweet. Enjoy your family time!!

Anonymous said...

Love the story so how about the reunion...