Sunday, July 08, 2007

Knitting Knews

It seems like quite a while since I had a finished object... so here it is. It is called the Envelope Clutch (no, it isn't the pair of socks I had been working on). I started it on the plane ride to Seattle back in April and only got a few rows on it done. On the plane ride down to Orlando, after quickly getting frustrated with having to concentrate so hard on the Monkey socks (I am so not used to size 2 needles), I picked up the Envelope Clutch and finished it shortly after we got home on Friday. I felted it yesterday. Today I put the finishing touch on it by sewing on the button. I am in love with it already. I used one of the two skeins that my secret pal from the One Skein swap gave me last July. The button was given to me by my aunt to be used on a felted purse. I think it fits this one perfectly. (I have another button that the wonderful Holly gave me - and I have finally decided what felted purse I will make to fit that button!)

My knitting class was rescheduled for this Thursday! Yay, I will have a finished sock. Then I'll need to start (and finish) the second sock. I also need to get back to work on the Hoover Blanket. Samantha's baptism is in less than a month. I have about 6 inches completed so far.
Think I can finish it for then?

1 comment:

smelly said...

yay button! glad you have an idea for it! and that clutch is aDORable!