Sunday, July 08, 2007

Growing Pains

I am back in good ol' Connecticut after a wonderful time in Disney World with the family. We had a lot of fun (even Dad!) and have been trying to rest in the last day and a half since we have been home. Disney World is not the type of vacation you take to revive yourself. Instead, you are most likely going to need a vacation after your vacation to the "Land of Happy Mice". I am so grateful that I have this weekend to recover before heading back to work on Monday.

Speaking of work.... although I have been working for this town full time (it was technically considered on-call part time) since January, as of July 1st I am finally considered a full time employee. And with full time employee status comes... my own insurance policy!!!!! It sounds silly, but this is one of the bigger steps towards "becoming an adult" and "being on my own".


Along with health insurance, I will also begin paying off my student loans this month - something I am not as excited about. But, like I said, it's all apart of growing up. Right?

P.S. Knitting news to come tomorrow. I have a FO and I got my assignment for my Yarn in a Tea Cup Swap. Plus, I think I just signed up for another yarn swap.

1 comment:

smellerson said...

i'm nerdy but i think it's exciting that you have your own insurance :) love you! so excited to talk tomorrow!