Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Abracadabra!

Laaaadies and Gentlemeeeen.... I am here to present to you the Magic Loop! Never before have I tackled the task of knitting socks and I am here to blog the entire journey for you! *

My first knitting class ever, which will teach me how to teach
my first pair of socks ever, begins on Thursday evening. Tonight I wound the balls of yarn... ... and practiced a little bit from the directions we've been given.

I signed up for the class for a few reasons:

1. I have taught myself most of what I know about knitting (with the assistance of some very special people who know who they are!) and now its time to learn in a group setting.

2. I want to meet some new knitters. While I was up at school it came to the point where all my girls were also knitting... and I miss that. It isn't as much fun (although the fun is still there) to knit by yourself.

I must admit I am a little nervous though. I am not used to going events not knowing someone there already. I am also guessing I will be one of (if not the) youngest person in the class and I hate feeling out of place.

But I am excited nonetheless.

*The rather unusual beginning to this blog is a result of what I've been currently reading, Water for Elephants. I am just over half-way through and I definitely recommend it.

1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

This is going to sound really ignorant, but indulge me (this is based on that picture you posted of the wound up yarn) -- you have a machine to wind yarn? that's small and compact? What is this machine and why have I not heard of it?