Sunday, May 20, 2007

There is Never a Dull Moment

Wednesday night Connecticut a level one tornado decided to make its way through my part of Connecticut. We lost power for 27 hours. We were actually pretty lucky compared to some people in the area. However, it did make for a slightly more complicated Commencement Weekend. This past weekend I officially graduated from college. And it was definitely not uneventful! We lost power Wednesday evening and we scheduled to leave for Gordon Thursday afternoon. We didn't get power back until 7:00 Thursday night so this meant that packing was done in the dark Wednesday night and Dad had to go to Grandma's house Thursday morning to do the last minute laundry that didn't get done because of the power outage. We left the house close to schedule and headed up to Gordon only to turn around five minutes later because Mom forgot the tickets. "Good thing it wasn't anything more important that we almost forgot." We arrived at the hotel and began unpacking the car. "Um, Dad, Where is my dress bag?" (The dress bag that I had packed my Baccalaureate dress, my Commencement dress, and my gown in). "I only packed the one bag." "Haha, very funny." He unfortunately wasn't joking. I had left my dress bag hanging behind my bedroom door. After thinking that we may have to drive 3 hours back home, the wonderful roommate Meg was able to find me a spare gown. (Target and Kohls provided new dresses for me for the two services.)

After the craziness of forgetting my graduation apparel calmed down the graduation weekend began.
I won't bore you with the details, but it consisted of all the normal graduation events.
Friday: Senior Breakfast
Class Photo
Rehearsal
Baccalaureate Service

Saturday: Commencement (with the wonderful speaker Lauren Winner)Lunch with the Family
It was cold and rainy, but it feels wonderful to be officially finished.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Congratulations on your graduation! I'm glad the tornado didn't interrupt your celebrations too much.