Tuesday, May 29, 2007

One Giant Step for ME

Since I started knitting I have wanted to sign up for a knitting class. I wanted to be around other knitters and I wanted to be able to learn something that I was having trouble teaching myself. I've had obstacle after obstacle keeping me from signing up. Whether it be financial issues, inconvenient dates, or lack of transportation I have been kept from signing up for a class.

Today I finally signed up. I will be learning how to knit socks on one circular needle. It's a technique called the Magic Loop. I will also be learning, well, how to knit a sock as I have yet to conquer that task. I will learn to turn a heal and how to sew up the tip of the toe. I will tell you more as I learn more. The first class is June 14th.

And if all goes well, everyone can expect socks for Christmas!

No comments: