Thursday, April 05, 2007

Passover

Tonight is the fourth night of passover. Tonight I had a wonderful refresher of my trip to Israel. Tonight my church held a Seder. A Seder can best be described as a Jewish ritual to remember the enslavement and exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. When I went to church a few weeks ago I noticed in the bulletin that the church was going to be having a Seder but all tickets had been sold and the waiting list was also full. I hadn't realized that there was going to be a Seder, otherwise I would have been the first in line to get my tickets. So I figured I would ask my mom to ask around to her church friends and see if they knew of anyone who had an extra ticket or two. No more than two days later I had three tickets. I was so excited that I was going to be able to attend.

Sister, Grandma, and I attended. It was the neatest way to spend Holy Thursday. If you ever get the chance to attend a Seder don't hesitate to go!

No comments: