Monday, March 12, 2007

Ten Things I've Learned Since Graduation

10. I would much rather be a full time student than a full time employee (although learning to tile a floor and plow snow is exciting).

9. For some reason I need more sleep than I did when I was a full time student (but I also don’t have time for naps now).

8. It is okay to stay home and knit while listening to Rufus Wainwright.

7. You can't read and knit at the same time. (And if you devote some time to one, you forget about the other).

6. Money is the devil.

5. Thirty dollars doesn’t go as far as it used to.

4. Pursuing your goals is not as easy as they make it out to be.

3. Making new friends is not easy.

2. Keeping in touch with old friends is essential to survival.

1. After living on "your own" for 3 1/2 years, going back to your parents' home is not as easy as you thought it was going to be.

4 comments:

carolynem said...

preach it, sister!

how i love you. how i miss you.

linda said...

aaaaamennnn! especially regarding money and friends. sigh! i'd rather have one than the other, if i had to choose though. and i'm not telling you which. ; )

holly said...

you are so right, on all counts!

Pollyanna said...

It's so nice to hear other people say what I'm thinking!