Friday, March 23, 2007

Good things come in small packages

After mentioning that the completion of the baby sweater was nearly done, I realized I never had written about my new project. When I had gone into the yarn shop last week to buy the extra skein of yarn for the blanket I couldn't leave without buying a skein for a beautiful baby sweater that they had on display. It turns out after talking to my new yarn shop friend that I already admired the pattern in the One Skein book that I had at home - the Baby Bolero. I bought the skein for the sweater feeling that I needed something to work on in between the long rows of the blanket. Turns out I got really addicted to the sweater and only knit a few more rows on the blanket.

One week after purchasing the yarn for the baby sweater I have finished it. It came out really cute and I will definitely knit it again - maybe for myself if I can figure out how exactly to increase the size. It felt good to see a completed project.
Now I just need to focus on the blanket. If I knit an inch a day I could finish it by the day of the shower. Think I can do it?

2 comments:

linda said...

soooooooo cuuuuuuute!!!!!!

holly said...

That is the most adorable, delicious garment I have seen in a long time. It is coo-inducing. I want to eat it. It makes me think of cupcakes and tiny, waddling animals and sheer JOY.