Friday, March 23, 2007
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
3) Seeing Rufus Wainwright in concert (who also happens to be releasing his latest CD in MAY!)
I bought my ticket this evening.
P.S. For those who are curious, I am nearly done with the baby sweater and still slugging away at the blanket. The baby shower is April 15th. The sweater will be done. I'm not so sure about the blanket.. but I have til May til the baby is due (just don't be early!).
Monday, March 19, 2007
Which is exactly why I avoid it as much as I can. I could spend HOURS in this place. I could spend millions of dollars if I had it (see previous post) just on yarn and needles and stitch markers. But I had to go to get this one skein of yarn so that the baby blanket would be finished the way its supposed to*.
When I walked into the store I was greeted just like always and when I saw that it was the one employee who always seems so interested in helping me I stopped to chat a little with her - just small talk. It caught me off guard when she told me that she had recently been thinking about me and asked how the baby blanket was coming along. She had helped my mom and I pick out the colors for the blanket and commented on how adventurous she thought I was for doing this blanket.
I had a friend at the yarn shop and I didn't even know it.
*It is no where near being done at this moment. I have knit five inches of a blanket that should be 33" when it is finished! Wish me luck. (The baby isn't due until May)
Monday, March 12, 2007
10. I would much rather be a full time student than a full time employee (although learning to tile a floor and plow snow is exciting).
9. For some reason I need more sleep than I did when I was a full time student (but I also don’t have time for naps now).
8. It is okay to stay home and knit while listening to Rufus Wainwright.
7. You can't read and knit at the same time. (And if you devote some time to one, you forget about the other).
6. Money is the devil.
5. Thirty dollars doesn’t go as far as it used to.
4. Pursuing your goals is not as easy as they make it out to be.
3. Making new friends is not easy.
2. Keeping in touch with old friends is essential to survival.
1. After living on "your own" for 3 1/2 years, going back to your parents' home is not as easy as you thought it was going to be.