Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Blessings and Sheep...

I think with my last set of exams quicly approaching, I have finally reached insanity. I rewrote the words of Bing Crosby's Count Your Blessings (sung in the wonderful Christmas movie White Christmas) to appeal to the knitting audience. I told you I had gone crazy. So, here they are for your reading pleasure:

When its Christmas and I can’t sleep
I count my Knitting instead of UFOs*
And I fall asleep counting my knitting
When my yarn stash is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my knitting

I think about a yarn shop and I picture wool and silk.
And one by one I count them, as the cashier rings me up
If you’re worried and you can’t sleep
Just count your knitting instead of UFOs
And you’ll fall asleep counting your knitting

I think about a yarn shop and I picture wool and silk.
And one by one I count them, as the cashier rings me up
If you’re worried and you can’t sleep
Just count your knitting instead of UFOs
And you’ll fall asleep counting your knitting!

*For any non-knitters reading this blog, UFO stands for UnFinished Object.

Thanks goes to Linda for her inspiration in rewriting this song! Now, I am off to bed!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I miss you! I'm going insane as well... so hopefully all will be resolved by the time you get to Newtown :) Enjoy your last few days as an under-grad! See you soon.