Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Vacationland

Strangely enough, the "Vacationland" state is not Florida or California or some other warm spot thought of for traveling to for vacations. Instead, the "Vacationland" state is Maine*. I noticed this on the license plates as I drove up there this weekend to visit my aunt and uncle

It was a nice vacation/escape from college life (which is interesting since today I nearly had a nervous break down at the realization that I have seven weeks till I am done with my undergrad education). We went shopping. We went to "Fright at the Fort" which was Fort Knox all decorated and spooked for Halloween. There were lots of kitties. They have seven total.
This is Marlin.

This is Sly.
This is Pearl.They warmed up to me fairly quickly on this visit and as I sat on the porch on Sunday afternoon soaking in the warm Maine sun, all but two of the kitties came to say goodbye to their cousin. As I was driving back down to Gordon, I passed this sign. (It says: "Fabrics and Yarns/ Quilts/ 1500 Bults/ Open Year Round)

I drove a little bit longer (a few seconds really) before I decided to turn around and check it out. I mean, you never know when you are going to come upon a great stash of yarn. It was rather disappointing as there was only Lion Brand yarn there. But of course, once in the presence of yarn I can not resist the urge to take some home with me. I bought a ball of Magic Stripe yarn to eventually make a pair of socks.

*which I suppose is much better than Connecticut: The Constitution State

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Fort Knox was in the middle of the desert in like the Southwest or something?