Monday, October 30, 2006

Some Days...

Some days I feel like I could stay in school forever. Other days I cannot wait to be free of the academic world. Today was one of those days.

I have six and a half weeks left before I am done with my undergrad education. This is a pretty scary thought. It means that I will be entering the real world - a world I know very little about and am not really sure how to approach. But today, the academic world has driven me away and I am more ready today than usual to enter the "real world".

I have come down with senioritis. I would rather be doing things other than homework - like updating this blog more often and knitting all the projects in the world and reading all those books I said I always wanted to read - and I find that I can never seem to catch up, despite the fact that it seems like I am
always doing work. I am ready to be done with all the homework (atleast temporarily until I start grad school). I am ready to be done with pretending that I am smarter than I actually am. I am ready to go back home and I am ready to relax for a while. I am ready to go back to my own room, that is bigger than my single here. The events of today made me especially aware of this feeling. It climaxed with my favorite mug breaking (hopefully I can superglue it together). I sat down on my floor and cried. I miss home. I am ready to be done. In happier news, Jess came up to visit me this past weekend. We needed some serious best friend catch-up time. We talked... a lot. We had fun, even if it did rain!

4 comments:

holly said...

Oh honey. I'm sorry. I wish I were there to give you a huge hug!

P.S. That picture of you is super cute!

Jess said...

Aileen - I'm sorry you're having a rough time. But you'll be back in Newtown and home sooner than you know it. Then in May I'll be home for good! And everything will just be better. I'm sorry about your mug :( But remember that I love you - and smile cause it'll get better. I promise. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love you! I miss you!

Love,
Meg

linda said...

i know what you mean, wanting to read books YOU want to read. don't worry -- soon and very soon you will have time for this.