Sunday, September 17, 2006

Home is where... The Yarn Is

I went home this weekend and the weekend was full of nothing but good news. Friday morning I went to the orthopedic to see the doctor about my foot. My hope was that he would tell me I would no longer have to use the darn crutches and that big bulky "ski boot" to protect my ankle.

And when the VERY handsome doctor came into my room, he got down on one knee and told me..."We need to get this boot off now." I would have accepted if he had proposed marriage right there (yes, despite never having seen him outside the doctor's office). I left the doctor's office single, but carrying my crutches and ski boot instead of wearing it.


That evening my extended family came over to celebrate my birthday. We had a wonderful baked zitti with sausage and a delicious salad with apples made by my wonderful mother... and best of all, Resses Peanut Butter cup ice cream cake with a rice krispie crust. YUM!

While it isn't all about the presents (it's about seeing the family - as Uncle Jeff so kindly reminded us) I did get a very very VERY nice swift to wind my yarn from hanks to skeins.
It really is beautiful. Thanks Mom and Dad! I also acquired two wonderful knitting books: Mason-Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne and The Knitter's Companion: Expanded and Updated by Vicki Square. They are both GREAT books and I would recommend them to any knitter.

Saturday evening Dad and I ventured into Brooklyn, NY to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee at the Barnes and Noble. But since my camera battery died and I had to borrow Mom's camera I do not have them yet on my computer, so I'm not going to tell you quite yet about this meeting.

Instead, I'm going to leave you on the edge of your seats, until hopefully tomorrow when I get my little hands on the evidence!

1 comment:

linda said...

yay, no more boot!!!