Saturday, September 23, 2006

Age Doesn't Matter

Last night, at 12:50 I went to bed and told myself I wasn't going to set my alarm. I was going to let my body get as many hours of rest that it needed. And since it was Saturday I didn't have classes or meetings to get in the way of keeping my body healthy. I woke up at 12:41. I felt rested...and ready to begin a productive day of homework. It has been a successful day. I got caught up on my reading for my class on Christian Doctrine. I wrote two journal entries reporting on my visits to the two synagogues I've been to for my Modern Jewish Culture class. And I got the worst of the homework out of the way - Calculus. I am a History and Biblical studies major for a few reasons. One of the main reasons is: I'm HORRIBLE at math. So I made clac homework slightly more tolerable by having Sex in the City playing in the background (although, maybe the calc homework was more in the background) and I finished it. I decided to reward myself for being so productive by writing an entry. So, here I am.

The reason why being productive today was so important i
s because tomorrow at 8:00 in the morning I will be getting in my car and driving to the Big E - which is basically a county fair, except for all of New England. There will be food, and tractor pulling contests, and exhibitions, and food, and lots and lots of fun! I am meeting my family there. Now, when I say family I don't mean just Mom, Dad, and Laurel. I mean my family which includes: two of my dad's three sisters, three of their four kids and two little kids (ages 2 and 4). We are going to have a blast.

Bella just turned four. When she was a baby, she was the first little one that I held without them bursting into tears the minute they were in my arms.
Laurel said the other night when they were at my aunt's house for her birthday party that she was asking where I was. We are pretty much best friends!

I am really excited to see her tomorrow - perhaps a little too excited. I mean, I'm 22 years old and she's four. How much do we really have in common? But, we enjoy each other's company so I suppose that's all that really matters.

And of course I can't go to the Big E without finding yarn... and I've already found it without having been there yet. Creative Fibers will be there and I'm rather excited to check out there booth - especially after reading the Big E's description of their fibers on the website. "The list of fine fibers available to the consumer from this vendor will amaze you. Exotic blends, luxurious name brands and hard to find imports are all carried at Creative Fibers."

I am set for a day of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good time at the Big E. I haven't been in years!