Sunday, August 20, 2006

No More Surprises

The month of August in the One Skein Secret Pal Exchange that I have been participating in is the month that I will get a knitted or crocheted gift from my secret pal. The other day I received a package in the mail. It was from my secret pal. Her name is Kristin and she is from Oregon. I recieved the prettiest gift. I absolutely love it. And it will go perfectly in my bedroom. I plan to knit two smaller bowls to go on either side of it so I can put all my knicknacks in them. Itwill go on my bookshelves - once Daddy builds them.

In October of last year we started finishing the attic so I could have my own bedroom for the first time since I was five. It has been painted with a bed since Christmas time. It has had a desk since about May. Little by little we are working on getting the room put together with the smaller details. We went to the fabric store yesterday.

We bought fabric to cover the old desk chair and make it fit the theme of my room. We bought fabric so that I can have a huge memo board here:
We bought fabric so my aunt can make me a curtain to go over this window:We finished the desk yesterday. We are working on the memo board today. Mom and I are also going out to finish getting me ready to go back up to school!

Only one week til I see my girls!

1 comment:

holly said...

Regarding one week...I am SO jealous! I had a dream about you & the girls last night--it was like we were living at a camp (hmm, Gordon = camp? not too far off) and we were trying to decide if we should go to the mess hall for dinner or drive somewhere (heh heh, sounds familiar)! Anyway, it was awesome to talk to you! Love you lots! :)

P.S. your desk chair ROCKS.