Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Should Have Gone to Work

This story begins way back in February. I was exercising at school like the doctor always says to do - mistake number 1. I was getting good, going every day to the gym and working my way up to running a mile and walking a mile - two miles total. I was out of shape, I had to start slow. And then my ankle started to hurt. And it became a little harder to walk and I found myself limping. I went to the doctor and he told me I had tendinitis. I was told to get physical therapy. I did. The pain got better but never went away.

Last week, I had an MRI done on it. I had to lay down and my leg was put into this machine. I had to lay still for a half hour while loud noises were being made (they gave me some music to listen to so it wasn't too bad).

On Monday I called out of work because the pain was so intense in my ankle that I wouldn't be able to stand on my ankle for 8 hours. I went to the doctor instead - mistake number 2. He said that the MRI showed that I had a stress fracture in my ankle. And now I have this:It has to be on for a month when I will then have to wear a removable cast for who knows how long. My new name is Gimpy.

In better news I had a phonedate tonight with the ever so wonderful Holly. I miss her so much and talking to her only made me realize this more. She graduated in May and now will be in Seattle doing the Mennonite version of the Peace Corps. So instead of being with me this semester she is going to be on the other side of the country making other people happy. She's good at that!

TEN more days til I go back to school!

1 comment:

holly said...

Dear Gimpy,
I love you so much.
Love,
Smelly

P.S. your cast ROCKS (and don't think I didn't notice those cutely-painted toenails--oh so stylish!) :D