Friday, July 14, 2006

Just a Quickie...

This is going to be a very short post simply to let you know I'm still alive - well, barely. I got what I had been asking for all summer since being home from Israel - a job. In fact, I got two of them and after tomorrow I will have worked about 45 hours. And let me tell you, I am exhausted! The good news is Dad is off my back about finding a job and now I can give Purl what she deserves - gas. The bad news is my time to post here is limited. It's only temporary - and I will do my best to keep updating as frequently as possible.

I reached the deadline that I had made for myself for Mom's felte
d tote bag. I finished it! Pictures will be posted tomorrow or Sunday. Since the tote is finished I have begun work on a few minor things - having not gotten farther than a row or two on each of the projects. By the time I get home from work I am lucky my eyes are still awake to knit, let alone actually being sucessful at it. Therefore, for example, the hat pattern with the yarn overs and the switching from knitting to purling is more of a challenge than I would have hoped for.

Since I have tomorrow off from work until 6:30 I think the famil
y has made plans to go to the beach. I am looking forward to it a lot! I'm gonna grab a nice book and do nothing - something I haven't been able to do all week!
While it won't be as nice as the Mediteranea
n...or the Sea of Galilee...
- I suppose the Atlantic will do just fine!

No comments: