Monday, July 10, 2006

I LOVE Surprises!

My secret pal left an anonymously comment on my blog the other day warning me that my July skein of yarn would be arriving in the mail no later than Wednesday or Thursday. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a package in the mail today with the return address coming from OR! I got a cute little note saying that she chose this yarn for the name of the color: Oregon Lakes. It came wrapped so beautifully!

Do you "knot" agree that it was so pretty the way it was wrapped? I almost - almost - didn't want to open it up. But boy was I glad when I did open it up! Inside was this: Is it not beautiful? I am in complete love. The colorway is beautiful! It is Oregon wool and Mohair that is handpainted by Susan Schrandt. The picture does not do the yarn justice. Thank you soooo so much Secret Pal! You have been fantastic!

I began felting my mom's purse today! It needs to go through the washing maching one or two more times and then I will post pictures. In the mean time, this is what it looked like before it was felted: I personally like it better felted. I am going to have it done by the 15th! I bought the brads (purse bottoms) for it yesterday and can put those on when it is finished felting! Then I begin work on the list of things that I have left to be knitted - there is always something to be knit!

2 comments:

holly said...

oh my gosh, Aileen--your purse for your mom is freaking unbelievable. GORGEOUS. i'm in awe!

Anonymous said...

man, knitting in the summer is HARD CORE! i miss you, babe. --linda : )