Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

I finished the Felted tote by the deadline that I had set for myself - well, minus a bead for a finishing touch. We are having a little trouble finding just the right sort of bead. But here is a picture as I promised (except for the bead) of Mom's final felted tote birthday present. Now I can focus my full attention to knitting those friendship bracelets and get started on a few infant hats. Those may just have to be my vacation projects. For now a break from felting.

Did I ever tell you that before I was a knitter I was a scrapbooker? In fact I still am a scrapbooker. However, because it is much more difficult to carry around with me and it isn't as easy to pick up and take along on the car ride along I don't get as much of it done nor as quickly as I get my knitting projects fiished. This eveing I had finally had a good chunk of time to set up my scrapbooking things and work on my newest album for awhile. - my United States of America Presidents album. See I've made it my life goal to visit all the Presidential homes and libraries/museums. I own a book telling me of all the the prsidents and their historic homes and libraries if they have one. So far, I have visited three of four sites for Franklin D. Rooselvelt. The fourth site is in Georgia - which would mean a 16 hour drive for me. So that one will have to wait for now.

In less than two weeks we leave for vacation and while we are gone I will get to visit James Buchanan's home called Wheatland in Lancaster, PA as well as the National Historic Site for Dwight D. Eisenhower in Gettysburg, PA - the only place that the Eisenhower's ever really called home. How exciting!

No comments: