Friday, June 09, 2006

Chocolate and Clean Teeth

I went to the dentist today. I was sitting in the chair watching a little television while they stuck those strange objects into my mouth to inspect my teeth. It was just an normal checkup, nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing out of the ordinary until I realized what was on the television.

The T.V. was on the Food Network and it was all about chocolate. It isn't unusual for the Food Network to be having a special on chocolate, because they probably do this at least once a week. What was odd that the dentist office had this playing on their television. Aren't they supposed to discouraging one from eating sweet food like chocolate for fear that one day your teeth will rot away? Shouldn't they have had the gardening channel on? 101 Fruits and Vegetables to Grow in Your Backyard would probably have been more appropriate. I left the dentist's office only craving a Hershey's chocolate bar.

A while back I mentioned that I had signed up for the One Skein Secret Pal Exchange. It begins this month and I will need to send my pal a skein of yarn and a little note before the month is over. I have just begun to think about it. In the mean time, my secret pal is right on top of things. I received my first package today! It was wrapped all cute. See? And inside was this: I think it's absolutely beautiful. It is really soft malabrigo kettle dyed pure merino wool. The color is gorgeous. I'm going to have to really think about what I want to make out of it because its going to be very special. I do know that it will look great in my room: Thank you soo much SP! You are terrific. Hope your secret pal is as good to you as you are to me!

2 comments:

holly said...

AAAAAAAAAA I have missed your blog (uh, and you) so much! Back from Europe and I plan to post soon...more later...LOVE!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
gratuitously yours,
holly :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, You got that fast! I'm glad you like it. It should knit up into something really soft and warm. Take care, Your SP