Saturday, May 06, 2006

Secrets are a Girl's Best Friend

This is Laura: I just found out that she's been hiding something from me. She's known I've been a knitter for almost as long as she's known me and yet she neglected to tell me this very important piece of information. If you are hiding this same secret from your knitting friends, I suggest you tell them, immediately. This is Laura before I knew her: Yes, that is a sheep in the picture. She and her family only have two sheep now but they used to have seven or so. I found this out a few days ago. Doesn't she know that sheep = wool = yarn? She knows my love for sheep. She gave me that beautiful card the other week. She even wrote on the card "Sheep are for wool! Wool is for knitting! Therefore, Sheep bring happiness to Aileen!" Why then didn't she tell me about how her family OWNS sheep? I don't know. All I know is that I have convinced her to give me the wool from her sheep when they are sheared this spring. They aren't breed for their wool, but they still have it. So I have decided that will the "bad" wool that I get from Laura I am going to teach myself to spin. That way when I do have sheep of my own that I breed for their wool, I will be excellent at spinning wool by then. Are they not the cutest little things you've ever seen? They are Olde English Babydoll Miniature Southdown sheep and don't grow taller than 19-23 inches.

I am going to have three or four of them and they are going to mow my lawn and give me yarn. And I will be the happiest girl around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But Aileen, can sheep bring us happiness at the Iron Rail? I don't know if they can.

--SoccR Grl83