Saturday, May 13, 2006

It's not Goodbye...

...it's just a temporary goodbye, until we meet again.

In six and a half hours my three lovely ladies will be receiving their undergraduate diplomas. In the next few hours they will be growing up, entering the real world, and doing big theings with their lives. It's scary to know that I am just a semester behind them. I don't know if I am ready to move on with the rest of my life quite yet. The idea of them not being at Gordon has really hit in me in the last 36 hours since I've been away from them. I will see Lina and Holly, one more time before they enter this "real world" and I am going to try to get them to change their minds, but it won't work. The idea of growing up is a scary one. I couldn't even pack my own suitcase without my mom watching over me and giving me moral support. Yes, I am packing my suitcase because I am going to that Holy Land.

I will be boarding a plane in 31 hours. I will be flying 12 hours accross the Atlantic Ocean and an entire continent before reaching my destiantion - Israel! I still don't believe it's real. I am in awe at the idea that I will be going to the middle east, to the promised land, the land that Jesus walked on. That's a crazy thought, isn't it?! Well... I'm having trouble grasping the idea, even if you aren't.

Like I said in my last post, I probably won't be able to update while I am away. Instead, I ask that in these three weeks while I am away, in that time when you would normally be chcking my blog, that you think of me and say a little prayer for my saftey. And I promise, there willbe a post shortly after I get back.

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. May those who love you be secure." Psalm 122:6

No comments: