Monday, April 10, 2006

P & P

There are two foods that I cannot live without:
1. Butter popcorn
2. Diet Pepsi
I crave them constantly. Some of you may think I'm weird, but these two items are the two greatest comfort foods in the world. Argue if you must.

Have you ever had a really good bag of popcorn, when it is nice and hot, fresh out of the microwave? It is heaven. I love the feeling when you put a popped kernal in your mouth and it sorta just melts. I love the saltiness that hits your tounge even before the popcorn is all the way in your mouth. I could easily eat a whole bag by myself. Fortunately they - they meaning all popcorn manufacturers - have been making mini-bags of popcorn. This way I can eat a whole bag of popcorn and not feel bad that I ate it all by MYSELF! Oh the wonders of this world.

Diet Pepsi. Yum. I don't know why, but diet pepsi tastes so much different (ie. better) than diet coke. While I prefer diet pepsi, I am not one of those people who will drink only diet pepsi. In fact, I am sitting here at my computer with a bottle of diet coke at my side. Massachusetts is a diet coke state. Have you ever noticed this before? Restaurants that are in certain states or regions will all serve coca-cola products or Pepsi-cola products. Back home, in Connecticut, I enjoy the pleasures of being surrounded by Pepsi-Cola lovers. Does anyone know why this is? I've wonder about this, perhaps more than I should have (although I have never lost any sleep over it).

Pepsi and Popcorn... a match made in heaven.

No comments: