Friday, April 21, 2006

I have a lot to say... so this might be a long one. Get ready.

I ended yesterday's blog with this quote from the Yarn Harlot's book At Knit's End: "You may be an only child. Perhaps you are the only man in a knitting guild or, like me, quite short and never in control of your laundry. It doesn't matter, for you are a knitter, and to belong completely, no matter how different you may appear to be... all you need to do is find more knitters." And this is why: She was in BOSTON TODAY! And worst of all... I missed it. She was 40 minutes away and I wasn't there. You have no idea how crushed I am about this. She is, after all, the reason I myself started blogging...and the reason I continue to knit (cause I want to become a Knitter - with a capital K). And my reason for missing it is... I am going to Israel (no not right now). I don't leave for another oh... 3 weeks and 2 days, but we had a group meeting tonight to go over specifics... a meeting that had been planned since December or January (I don't quite remember). I wanted so badly to be in one of those pictures that the harlot will post tomorrow on her blog when she recalls her visit to Porter Square Books. But I will not.

I will however, be seeing Rufus Wainwright in concert on June 14th at 8:00 pm at Carnegie Hall! I am really excited. I didn't think I'd get tickets, but I did! And that makes me happy.

Ya know what else makes me happy? My Girls.

This is a picture of Carolyn and Meg. Here they are pausing from reading short stories on the couch this evening for a picture for the blog. Are they not two of the most beautiful girls in the whole ENTIRE world!? I think so too. Speaking of beautiful girls... this is my roommate Erin (Hi Erin). Here she is posing in her hot outfit from the Salvation Army. She is sketchy a picture of Carolyn. These girls keep me going (these three aren't the only ones... there are others - you know who you are - who are not pictured in this post). They all mean the world to me. I have no idea where I would be without them.

And lastly, for all you knitters out there...

I recevied this from the wonderful Laura yesterday. It immediately went up on my wall as you can obviously tell from this picture. Everyone needs some sheep by their side when they wake up in the morning, right?

2 comments:

ShelbyD said...

Sorry that you missed seeing the Harlot.

Thanks for stopping by Knitters' Forum!

linda said...

hey, can you send me those pics of carolyn and meg and erin? so cuuuute!

i hope your trip goes well today, and sorry about the wake. you're doing so well making it through! love you!!!