Thursday, April 27, 2006

Holy, LAND!

Holy Crap! I leave for Israel in 17 Days. I know I made reference to this like two posts ago, but it just HIT me. My parents gave me the Eyewitness Travel Guide to Jerusalem and the Holy Land for Christmas. I flipped through it, but to be honest (sorry Mom) I hadn't actually taken a serious look at it until tonight. If you are ever going to Israel (or are just interested) I strongly recommend this guide! We will be studying at (and living) Jerusalem University College. This is one of the more famous views of the college. Isn't it gorgeous? Eventually you will be seeing pictures similar to this that I took on my own. I cannot wait. My biggest fear is running out of memory on my camera. I was reading in the travelers guide on what to buy in Jerusalem. There are all sorts of neat things like beautiful silver and pewter jewelry and beauty products from the dead sea. Mom, now you got something to look forward to, don't you?

Some fun facts about Jerusalem that you probably didn't know:
* 140 languages are spoken in Jerusalem?
* 35% of all UN resolutions have to do with Israel
* 20-25% of Israel's population is currently from Russia
* 2% of the population is Christian

I don't think I can tell you how excited I am for this trip. I am VERY excited!!!!!!!!!!!! (extra "!" just for your Meg darling)

Oh, speaking of excitement. I finished the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules today. It was wonderful, although I must admit my favorite is still The Secret Life of a Knitter. Hysterical I tell ya! The only problem is now I have to find something new to read. Guess that won't be as big of a problem considering all the work I have to do in the next two weeks. Oh, final exams... why do you cause me so much pain?

1 comment:

Angela said...

Good luck on your final exams! And Jerusalem? Wow. Wow! I envy you.

Thank you for stopping by Fluid Pudding. I had every intention to go see the Yarn Harlot, but due to a sick kid, I was unable to attend. (I will be purchasing the latest book as soon as possible!)