Tuesday, April 11, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAUREL!!!
Today Laurel turns 19! I can't believe it. She has grown up to be such a beautiful (HOT, SEXY BABE) young lady. I am so proud of her and who she has grown up to be. I really love you Laurel. Unfortunately, I am three hours away at school with no way to see my sister on her big day. I really wish I could be there to have hamburgers and hotdogs and potatoe salad for her birthday dinner - it sounds so yummy to me! I am sending you these monkeys instead to celebrate with you.

I will be home in less than 48 hours though! My parents were really thinking ahead when they decided to have Laurel right around the time of Easter (my birthday conviently falls just after Labor Day). They knew that I'd be able to come home for Easter from college to celebrate my sister's birthday - which is excactly what I'll be doing this coming weekend. And boy, does Laurel have quite the gift to look forward to... atleast I hope so.

Easter is going to be a little different this year. Grandma, having had her knee surgery, is currently in rehab. Normally everyone comes over to our house (we live with Grandma) and we celebrate, but Grandma won't be able to be at home... and I don't think the rehab center would appreciate 10 of us squeezing into her room to have our Easter dinner together. So it's going to be a laidback Easter weekend - a nice long weekend home with the family.

Oh, Grandma's shawl is about half way done. I only have 4 more repeats left to do with the pattern. The blue is beautiful and I think it will look great on her. If any of you reading this (FAMILY!), don't show Grandma this part of the entry. I want it to be a surprise. It's hard to see the detail in this picture, and since my circular needles aren't as long as the shawl will be it is difficult to see the size of the shawl, but I think it's going to look great. I hope she loves it as much as I've loved making it. Oh, she's going really good for those of you who don't get a daily update like me. The other day she went to Rehab Camp the other day. I thought this was a silly name and even sillier after Grandma described it to me. She said all those "old people" kept falling asleep and "we" had to keep waking them up. First, grandma is 81 years old. Second, was she helping the instructor wake up these "old people"? I imagine Grandma viewing herself as her hip 20 year old self knowing she was better than these "old people" who just can't seem to stay awake.

Don't worry Grandma! I'll be home soon. By the way, how's Uncle Jeff treatin' ya?

Laurel, I love you!

No comments: