Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spring Break is over. I am back at school. I am back with my girls - but I miss my family. I've added two more classes and taken away none. It's going to be one packed semester. Of course I will always make room for knitting - although I must admit if the knitting olympics were to occur now I don't think I would have been able to complete my goal of felting 3 purses. I am still trying to get into the school mode which hasn't been easy - especially now that I can knit with DPNs! It hasn't helped that I've had visitors this week. My old friend from high school, Alison, came to visit Tuesday and left on Wednesday evening. We had a grand time! This is a picture of her when we were both still at home at our 24 Hour Diner. She ordered an apple turnover. This is what she got. It was the size of three normal turnovers! We were not expecting this.

My wonderful sister comes to visit me for the weekend tomorrow! I cannot wait. We have a fun-filled weekend planned. Tomorrow, is NODROG, the faculty/staff talent show at school and then we are going to with all the girls to Soma, our usual Friday night hang out. Saturday we are going into Boston. YAY! For lunch we will eat at Fire n Ice - all you can eat make your own stirfry. It's amazing. Not sure what else we'll do in Boston, but between Newbury St., Quincy Market, Boston Commons, and Harvard Sqaure I am sure we will be entertained - especially since it will be the day after St. Patrick's day!

In other news, I finished The Tenth Circle last night around 11:15. I emailed Jodi immediately (She emailed me back within the half hour)! The book was a masterpiece as I had expected. I strongly recommend it. If you've never read Jodi you will be hooked after reading this book. Promise. Pinky Swear.

OH!! I never told you. I was listening to one of the knitting podcasts - About Time - where I wonderfully learned about Jennifer who makes beaded stitch markers. I emailed her asking if she would make me a custom pair with ladybugs on them. For those of you who don't know I have collected ladybug paraphanalia since the 5th grade, so combining my love of ladybugs with my love of knitting seemed only appropriate. Aren't they the cutest thing? I ordered 10 of them. The picture only has nine in them because one is already in use on the purse I am knitting for Laurel - the one I learned double pointed needles for - the one that is already moved on to circular needles! I'll post a picture when I get a little further along.

In other news, I finished The Tenth Circle last night around 11:15. I emailed Jodi immediately (She emailed me back within the half hour)! The book was a masterpiece as I had expected. I strongly recommend it. If you've never read Jodi you will be hooked after reading this book. Promise. Pinky Swear.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Your stitch markers are beautiful!

Thanks for your generous words on the blog!