Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sing it Sister!

Luke 2:13 "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying..." HALLELUJAH! SHE DID IT!!!!!

Okay, maybe that's not EXACTLY how the passage in Luke goes, but my goodness that's how I feel right now. I feel like running around campus screaming at everyone I see and shaking my purse in their face. "I finished the Olympics. I really really did!" I'd yell and then run off to the next person in sight. But its cold outside so there probably aren't that many people outside to yell at. Besides, why yell at all them when I can scream and shout my excitement to you!

Yesterday evening I realized I would have enough time. I didn't know if I would have enough yarn. After having two catastrophes of getting that darn novelty yarn tangled up I didn't know if I'd be able to free enough of the black yarn to finish it. I did. I threw it in the wash as soon as I weaved in those ends and it is complete. What do you think? My roommate says she thinks its her favorite with the red one I did for Meg as the runner up. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know which one you like best.

I did not stop knitting all day yesterday. I had the two balls of yarn stuck under my armpits (Lovely, I know! But a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do!) walking wherever I needed to go. The knitting went everywhere with me - even to the Sweaty-Toothed Madmen show (our campus's improv comedy club that my funny roomie is involved in!). Although it was hard to laugh while knitting, I managed. The hands furiously knitted away until 3:30 in the morning when Erin finally talked some sense into me. I went to sleep and when I woke up this morning the knitting went right back in my hands (which isn't actually that unusual). I didn't set it down until I finished and put it in the wash to be felted.

While I did manage to study a bit while knitting (don't worry Mom, I'm still focusing on school work) I suppose the real Olympic challenge will be to see how I do on my two mid-term exams on Monday and Tuesday since a lot of my time this weekend was devoted to knitting and not studying. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

carolynem said...

um, you RULE.

heart.

Judd said...

you identify yourself as a knitter? I think you're more than that!

carolynem said...

my favourite is meg's.

but it was a tough choice.