Thursday, February 23, 2006

I think I can...

I think I can... but I have very high doubts of knowing I can. The Knitting Olympics ends in 2 Days, 16 hours and counting...and I am not anywhere close to finishing my 3rd felted purse. The first two knitted and felted up real quick and easy. This third purse, this DARN purse, the purse that I was so looking forward to knitting has become the bane of my existince.

After I posted my last entry, I cut the tangled mess, setting it far away from my knitting, and set the good-not-yet-tangled yarn in my knitting bag to be started the next morning. So I started it and it was going wonderfully until I realized that after casting on mid-project for the handles, I tangled the rest of the already knitted piece around it. I continued to knit, ignoring this problem, hoping it would just go away. It didn't. And with the comfort of a friend at my side, I took apart my knitting olympics project for the second time. But, as I was unraveling the beginnings of this purse the yarn got tangled AGAIN! I stood up from where I was working, grabbed the little box of chocolates that my mom had given my for Valentine's Day, took the comfortor off my bed and curled up to watch the REAL olympics while I mourned my purse. If I do knit it, it will be in all black.

I HATE those stupid novelty yarns. That darn yarn is most of my problem. It's not the first time that a novelty yarn has caused the destruction of other knitting projects. I bought TWO novelty yarns once to knit together for a scarf. It was going to be beautiful! BAD idea! That tangled yarn is sitting in a pile somewhere in my house. I don't want to see it ever again. Mom, if you see it, throw it away before I see it... there will be quite a ruckus if I see it first. I don't think I'll make it. If anything, I have so much tangled yarn (I don't even want to look at it right now) that I won't have enough yarn in the end to finish this project. Maybe I can find more somewhere.

I feel like Sasha Cohen who did excellent Tuesday night in the Women's Short Program (just like I did so well getting the first two purses finished). But then today in practice she pulled her groin muscle and fell twice during her long program (just like I had to unravel my project twice). Perhaps, I'll still win the silver medal. Is there a silver medal in the Knitting Olympics?

I just want the gold medal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O my poor darling! You deserve a gold medal for all that!

Jessica said...

Hey... didn't know you had a blog until today. You are too cute. I love you! Haha. Just wanted to say hi. I have a blog on this website, but it's for school, so yeah, nothing interesting. Please... don't look at it, it's embarassing! Haha. See you in a couple weeks! Bye hun. - Jess