Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Holy Yarn!

Today was a normal day - classes, homework, gym, doing my daily check to see if the Yarn Harlot had updated her blog. And much to my delight she had updated her blog! While reading her latest blog entry, I came to the realization that knitting is the COOLEST activity ever (I have come to this realization before). Do you remember the Knitting Olympics that I mentioned in my first blog entry? Well, according to the Yarn Harlot, the Knitting Olympics has more participants than in the actual Winter Olympics taking place in Italy. The Winter Olympics has 2400 participants. According to the official librarian of the knitting olympics, there are more than 2500 participants signed up for the Knitting Olympics!!!!!
In additon, the Knitting Olympics have been getting mass media attention. MSNBC wrote an article mentioning the Knitting Olympics and NPR's The World dedicated a whole article to the Knitting Olympics! If you are participating, don't forget that the opening ceremony is this Friday, February 10th. If you want to participate and haven't signed up yet you can do so at the Yarn Harlot's site by this evening. But I'd encourage you to participate even if you don't sign up. My goal is to knit three purses before the end of the olympics. In the mean time I have one purse to start and finish before the 10th. Wish me luck! I've already completed 2 purses already. I will be posting pictures of those soon, I promise!

Oh, I sent out a little Valentine Gift to my two cute 2nd Cousins today (pictures will soon come of those, but I don't wanna spoil it for them since their mom reads my blog). Moe, I want to see pictures of the girls with them!

I've gone crazy with my knitting. My roommate told me that my knitting habits have gone from chronic to terminal. Isn't this a good thing?

No comments: